Green modernization is a system of interrelated activities and results of the implementation of plans, policies, programs focused on the development of technologies, processes and types of productive activity, which is economical for the environment, safe for humans and effective for the economy.
The legal framework of green modernization and development needs to be improved on the basis of efficiency, which is related to the definition of concrete steps and measures to intensify the implementation of technologies and tools that enable the transition to green growth and create specific conditions for the implementation of green economy, such as: institutional, organizational, financial credit, regulatory, etc.
The main recommendations for central executive bodies and local authorities:
– Implementation of “green office” in government and budgetary enterprises by Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
– Simplify the procedure of environmental control and licensing for companies that implement green technologies.
– Simplify the tax burden and streamline the regulatory development of renewable energy and the introduction of “green tariff” for citizens, regardless of place of residence.
– Implementation of environmental labeling.
– Implementation of public-private partnerships for the organization and operation of environmental monitoring.
– Elaborate and adopt a set of regulatory guidelines and methodological recommendations on SEA and SEA coordination procedures with the applicable national law.
The full text of the recommendations of the link Recommendations