Within the framework of the signed agreement with the Danish Energy Agency, the Ministry of Energy, Municipal Economy and Climate in Danish, experts from the Institute of Green Economy have prepared a report on “Approbation of the mechanism of the expert assessment of the strategic environmental assessment of the action plan for the implementation of the energy strategy of Ukraine”. The report addresses the following issues:
– the content and main objectives of the state planning document (Action Plan for the Energy Strategy), its link with other documents of state planning;
– a description of the current state of the environment, including the health of the population, and projected changes in this state (without the influence of the state planning document);
– a description of the change in the state of the environment, the living conditions of people and the health of the population in areas likely to be affected, as a result of the implementation of the Action Plan for the energy strategy;
– existing environmental problems, including the risks of their impact on public health, relating to the state planning document, including those relating to protected areas;
– proposals for the improvement of the Action Plan to reduce the environmental and social risks of its implementation.